Favicon not working in FireFox browser

asked 2010-04-29 02:09:59 +0800

indh1704 gravatar image indh1704
15 1 1

Hi

Am trying to change favicon in my application. My application has a login page using session filter and application home page. I have given favicon in both the pages. When the application is started the login page gets displayed with the favicon displayed correctly. After i login i get redirected to the application home page, but the favicon is back to the default jboss favicon. If i refresh the page my favicon is getting loaded.

Am using spring running in jboss server.

This is the code am using to display the favicon.
<?link rel="shortcut icon" type="image/x-icon" href="/images/favicon.ico"?>

Any help appreciated.

Note: I don't face this problem in IE or chrome.

Regards,
Indhira

delete flag offensive retag edit

7 Replies

Sort by ยป oldest newest

answered 2010-04-29 06:11:55 +0800

ashishd gravatar image ashishd flag of Taiwan
1972 6

Hi indhira,
Please take a look at this thread. Let me know if it doesn't solve your problem.

Thanks
- Ashish

link publish delete flag offensive edit

answered 2010-04-30 03:22:23 +0800

15 1 1

Hi

Am using the same code as given in above thread. Its working fine in IE and Chrome. In firefox, it is getting displayed in login page but not in application home page.

If i refresh the application home page the favicon dispalys correctly.

Thanks
Indhira.

answered 2010-04-30 04:38:03 +0800

1972 6

Hi Indhira,
Did you try 2 link tags? As robertpic71 mentioned in that thred you can try both tags at the same time

<?link rel="shortcut icon" type="image/x-icon" href="/favicon.ico"?>
<?link rel="icon" type="image/x-icon" href="/favicon.ico"?>

One IE specific and other for Firefox/Chrome. Also try them in reverse order.

Thanks
- Ashish

answered 2010-04-30 10:04:28 +0800

15 1 1

Hi Ashish,

I tried using it, am getting the favicon in mozila for my login page. but when i redirect to the next page ie my application home page it is changing to jboss favicon. If i refresh application home page my favicon is getting dispalyed. This problem i face only with firefox. In IE and chrome it is working fine.

Thanks
Indhira

answered 2010-05-02 15:05:59 +0800

1972 6

Hi Indhira,
This sounds more like a JBoss issue. Did you try geeting some clue from JBoss forum?

Thanks
- Ashish

answered 2010-06-09 07:58:49 +0800

ntonzz gravatar image ntonzz

Hi,

The same issue occurs to me also. I have deployed my web application in JBoss server V 5.1.0. The login page shows the favourite icon which is available in the web application. But when i successfully log in application the icon is replaced with jboss server icon. If I refresh this page i get my application icon in this page, though i traverse to some other page even if i refresh i am not getting my application icon.

This issue is only occurring in Firefox, checked the same in IE and Chrome and it is working fine. This clearly implies this is not a JBoss Server related issue. We should verify the behaviour of Firefox browser in this context. Any information about this issue would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Antony

answered 2010-06-10 23:32:10 +0800

1972 6

Hi ntonzz,
did you try setting href="http://example.com/image.ico"( for html) and/or href="/somepath/image.ico" (for xhtml) instead of favicon.ico?

Your reply
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2010-04-29 02:09:59 +0800

Seen: 4,323 times

Last updated: Jun 10 '10

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training
  • Consulting