asked 2008-01-24 20:17:34 +0800

admin gravatar image admin
18691 1 10 130
ZK Team

Orignial message at:
https://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=4740370

By: kierangreen

Hi,

I am using ZKOSS to spruce up an older app that is all JSP's. However, there are a lot of javascript functions that rely on document.getElementById()

If I stick to html tags and just use ZKOSS for panels etc things are ok-ish ... a lot of functions dont work for image replacement etc and onblur events declared in standard tags dont fire most of the time ... but the really big problem is that if i declare a ZKOSS tag as

<zk:textbox id="Dave2143345654"/>

I get the following HTML rendered for it ...
<input type="text" z.type="zul.widget.Txbox" id="z_2g_f"/>

which is not helpful to my javascript ....

I am sure this is something stupid that i have missed in the manuals, but if anyone can help it would be great as i searched the forums and there are 2500+ matches for ID JSP not working ... probably cos people like me keep posting the same old questions but am falling behind in my project and really need some help !!

Thanks to all.

delete flag offensive retag edit

1 Reply

Sort by ยป oldest newest

answered 2008-01-25 00:50:59 +0800

admin gravatar image admin
18691 1 10 130
ZK Team

Orignial message at:
https://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=4741042

By: jebberwocky

Dear dave

The z_2g_f is the uuid of textbox.

According to ZK developer's guide,

UUID

A component has another identifier called UUID (Universal Unique ID), which application developers rarely need.

UUID is used by components and Client Engine to manipulate DOM at the browser and to communicate with the server. More precisely, the id attribute of a DOM element at the client is UUID.

UUID is generated automatically when a component is created. It is immutable, except the identifiers of components for representing HTML tags.

HTML relevant components handle UUID different from other set of components:
UUID is the same as ID. If you change ID of a HTML relevant component, UUID will be changed accordingly. Therefore, old JavaScript codes and servlets will remain to work without any modification.

Try following example:

<window>
<button id="ZK" label="ZK" onClick="alert(self.uuid)"/> </window>

link publish delete flag offensive edit
Your reply
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2008-01-24 20:17:34 +0800

Seen: 239 times

Last updated: Jan 25 '08

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training
  • Consulting