JSP and ZUL pages

asked 2009-03-15 02:31:48 +0800

jatinder gravatar image jatinder

I have recently found about ZK and it sounds very promising. After watching ZK web-seminar videos I learned about ZUL pages. Since I am very new to ZK so please forgive me for any dumb questions. Below are some of the questions I have

1. I will presume that ZK components/controls can be be used within the JSP/JSF pages.
2. I can't think of a scenario when would I replace JSP page file with ZUL page file. Since we can use ZK components within the JSP page, why would I create ZUL pages.

Your time and help is really appreciated and will give me an opportunity to use ZK.

Jatinder

delete flag offensive retag edit

3 Replies

Sort by ยป oldest newest

answered 2009-03-15 17:12:44 +0800

YamilBracho gravatar image YamilBracho
1722 2

1. Yes
2. From my own experience is easier build a web app using zul that JSP. If you have an old app and you want to "refresh" its look combine JSP with ZK components but if you have time and no restrictions migrate all them to ZK .

Regards

link publish delete flag offensive edit

answered 2009-03-15 17:15:18 +0800

fmcypriano gravatar image fmcypriano
612 1 7
http://felipecypriano.com...

Hi Jatinder,

Take a look in this small talk: http://www.zkoss.org/smalltalks/zuljsp/

Regards,

answered 2009-03-17 17:54:49 +0800

jatinder gravatar image jatinder

Thanks guys..your comments were of great help..:-)

Regards,

Your reply
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2009-03-15 02:31:48 +0800

Seen: 297 times

Last updated: Mar 17 '09

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training
  • Consulting