Questions about servlet lifecycle and session management

asked 2009-07-28 03:06:49 +0800

rjkaria gravatar image rjkaria

I'm trying to bootstrap myself through a crash self study of ZK (because it's impressed me enough to invest the time). I have a few questions that I think I know the answers to, but I need verification.

1. A Desktop instance is associated with a servlet session. Does this mean that if I visit the same URL from two different browser windows, two separate servlet sessions are created ?
2. Is it correct to say that Executions.forward() does a "RequestDispatcher" forward between servlets, whereas Executions.sendRedirect() redirects the client (via HTTP) ?
3. I have a requirement where I need to send the user to a "single sign on" server and after authentication, redirect him/her back to a specific page in the application. The solution to this seems to be to use bookmarks. How do I re-associate the user with their particular servlet session (or does this get handled automatically) ?

Any response and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

RK

delete flag offensive retag edit
Be the first one to reply this discussion!
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2009-07-28 03:06:49 +0800

Seen: 251 times

Last updated: Jul 28 '09

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training
  • Consulting