How to get Efficient Support
If you are a ZK customer and your package comes with remote consulting hours, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request for technical support. Please include your Invoice Number or License Certificate number when you submit your question so that we can associate you to the right company.
If you do not have remote consulting hours or if you are not sure, please read Customer FAQ or contact us at email@example.com.
Getting prompt and efficient support from ZK
When you run into an issue in ZK, following this document can help you to provide the support team with sufficient data, thus speeding up the investigation and get prompt and efficient feedback. Here is a sample screenshot of an error. However, with only a screenshot, it is difficult for us to find enough clues and provide timely support. Instead of providing a screenshot, please follow the tips and instructions below when submitting your issue.
Provide Sufficient information
Providing sufficient information helps us support you more efficiently.
The Sufficient Information Includes:
- complete exception stack trace (if any)
- A reproducible sample (please read #Tips for creating a reproducible sample
- Precise and clear steps to reproduce the issue
- ZK version and edition
- e.g. ZK 9.0.1 PE
- Browser and its version
- e.g. Firefox 60
- If it is hard to create a sample, you can provide an URL so that the support team can access it. When providing this URL, remember to turn on the js debug in your zk.xml.
- Application servers (e.g. JBoss 6, if it's necessary).
- If your case happens only in your specific environment, it is recommended to request an online meeting or provide a virtual machine as a copy of your actual environment
- anything else that can help us understand your issue better
Tips for creating a reproducible sample
- Use zkfiddle
- Zip your maven project with pom.xml and include necessary source code
- Provide zul and its related Java source
- Provide a public URL that we can visit
- Clone the original zul with the issue, remove irrelevant components
- You could move your Java codes (mostly event listeners) into
- Replace your database data with static sample data in order to run without a database.
You can extract the error message by:
- select and copy the whole text or
- right-click, select "Save as..."
If you cannot provide a reproducible sample
Then you can choose the following alternatives:
Provide a Public URL of Your Web Application
Provide an URL so that the support team can access it. When providing this URL, remember to turn on the js debug in your zk.xml.
Provide ZK AU Request/Response Details
- open developer tool before start to reproduce your issue
- do the steps to reproduce your bug
- Send request details as HAR to us
If your browser doesn't support to save as HAR, or just 1 request is related, you can also send us the screenshot of AU request like:
How to Run a Sample Maven Project
In order to narrow down the problem and eliminate differences caused by different environments, we often send you a sample maven project that tries to simulate and reproduce your issue. To run the project, you need to download maven and setup first.
- Run your command line interface
- switch to the sample project's root folder that has a
- Start jetty server with the command below
- Visit the project's pages with your browser
If you don't know the zul's path or if the path is incorrect, just visit http://localhost:8080. A browser will show a link with the correct context path:
Click the link and it will list folders then you can navigate to find the zul.
How to get Browser Performance Profile
If you are running into a performance issue, you can first check out Step by Step Trouble Shooting and do a first step analysis using browser's developer tools.