New Features of ZK Spreadsheet 3.5.0-RC
April 01, 2014
ZK Spreadsheet 3.5.0 RC
New Features / Enhancements
Model Performance Enhancement
In this new version, we introduce a brand new model implementation. This enhancement doesn't change the way you use the Spreadsheet's public API mostly, but reduces Spreadsheet's memory consumption.
According to our tests which were done with a model operation of 500 rows and each row containing 10 numbers and 3 formulas, memory consumption was reduced to 1/3 of 3.0 under Java 1.6 and 1/6 under Java 1.7. These figures reflect big improvements with lower memory consumption saving you more money not only in an enterprise environment.
In previous versions, when you apply a style on the entire row, Spreadsheet will create one style object for each visible cell of that row. Row / column style now create only one style object for the entire row (or column) which saves lots of memory.
Support Chart and Picture Operations for XLS Format
In previous versions, users are not able to move or delete charts and pictures because ZK Spreadsheet's old model for XLS files doesn't support it. However, with the new model now that it has no difference in design design between XLS and XLSX, it now supports chart and picture operations for XLS files. Notice that this version still does not support exporting charts and pictures to XLS format but you can export them to a XLSX format file.
- Book.getPoiBook(): you can't get any poi model object from this version, but you can get internal book model by getInternalBook().
- Sheet.getPoiSheet(): get the internal sheet by getInternalSheet()
- ChartData getPoiChartData(): get the internal chart data by getInternalChartData()
- SheetOperationUtil.addChart() : It will add a chart directly based on the selected data in the range. No need to pass a chart data object.
- CellSelectionType is moved from org.zkoss.zss.ui.event to org.zkoss.zss.ui
- Range.SyncLevel and Range.setSyncLevel().
- Book.getSync() : we use a new ReadWriteSync, you can get the lock by getLock()
- CellStyle.getBackgroundColor(): use getFillColor()
- EditableCellStyle.setBackgroundColor() : use setFillColor()
- Exporter.export(Sheet sheet, OutputStream fos) and export(Sheet sheet,AreaRef selection,OutputStream fos): Use those subclasses of org.zkoss.zss.range.SExporterFactory. For example, to export an Excel XLSX format file, you can use new ExcelExportFactory(Type.XLSX).createExporter().export(SBook book, File file)
|Copyright © Potix Corporation. This article is licensed under GNU Free Documentation License.|