To improve the performance of an Ajax application, it is better to monitor the performance for identifying the bottleneck. Depending on the information you'd like to know, there are a few approaches.
- PerformanceMeter: Monitoring the performance from the network speed, server-processing time and the client-rendering time.
- EventInterceptor: Monitoring the performance of each event listener.
- Monitor: Monitoring the number of desktops, sessions and other system load.
- There are a lot of performance monitor tools, such as VisualVM and JProfiler. They can provide more insightful view of your application.
For sample implementations, you might take a look at the following articles:
- Performance Monitoring of ZK Applicaiton
- A ZK Performance Monitor
- Real-time Performance Monitoring of Ajax Event Handlers