ZK 6.5 release notes
Released on September 12, 2012.
The new ZK 6.5 is a whole new release with new dimensions taking developers to achieve real device transparency in one codebase and component set, exploring the area of combined desktop & tablet UI and touch experiences in the simplest and most efficient way.
Introducing responsive design and responsive components to always fit your device screen resolution and tablet-specific user interaction methods such as swiping and device orientation detection which are done automatically to save developers time, effort and to increase massive productivity.
Getting Simpler and Richer
- Please see New Features for more information
- To read about the philosophy behind ZK 6.5, please visit this blog
120+ off-the-shelf Ajax components
Tabbox, grid, listbox, tree, menu, combobox, bandbox, datebox, chart,
hbox, vbox, window, slider, paging, audio, image, timer, include, iframe...
Drag-and-drop supported by all components, such that users can drag
components and drop them to any other or particular set of components.
Context menus and customizable tooltips supported by all components,
such that a menu or any popup appears when user click, right-click or
move the mouse over a component.
Customizable sorting of listbox, grid and children of any component
with 100% Java codes (
Auto-completion for combobox.
Load on demand with writing Java codes.
Live data for listbox.
Grids, listboxes and trees with sizable columns.
All components are cloneable and serializable.
Validation and formatting for any input components, such as regular
100% Java API of Google Maps,
and Timeline components.
Event-driven, server-centric model
Ajax requests, application notification, and server push are all managed as events
Event Queue shields developers from the complexity of Ajax and server push, such as multi-thread programming
All events are processed at the server. No hurdle to communicate between clients
All events are synchronized. No racing condition to worry about.
ZK User-interface Markup Language (ZUML).
Rich user interface could be designed in ZUML as simple as authoring
- Powerful yet intuitive control flow by the
Scripting in EL expressions and your favorite scripting languages,
include but not limited to Java,
Ruby and Groovy.
Hot changes and updates without restarting your Web applications.
Annotations that allow a page to access database with zero Java codes.
Browser history management.
Add states to browser's back button history. Then, users can bookmark
and use the back and forward button to navigate different
states of the same ZK desktop.
Simple yet boundless component model.
POJO components supporting interfaces and clustering. Easy to instantiate and manipulate directly with pure Java,
or injected and managed by an AOP framework, such as Spring
Macro components. Develope full-featured new component
by using other ZUML pages.
Inheritable customization. Developing a new component by extending
Seamlessly and easily to encapsulate pure-client components as ZK
components with 100% Java API.
Customizing components with pre-compiled Java classes, or by scripting in
your favorite scripting languages,
include but not limited to Java,
Ruby and Groovy.
The choice is yours.
Simple yet flexible threading model.
Thread-safe component handling.
True server-side Modal dialog.
Suspend and resume event listeners freely.
100% Customizable User-Interface factory.
Loading ZUML pages not only from Web contents but also any repository
such as database.
Customizing the features of sessions, desktops and pages.
- New Features Tracker
- ZK-120: Provide menupopup="auto" for listbox
- ZK-147: Support ungroup for grid's column menu
- ZK-447: The file upload allows users to drag and drop local files (HTML5)
- ZK-574: Minimum theme for better performance in mobile devices
- ZK-969: The LayoutRegion component support caption component as it's title
- ZK-970: The Tab component support caption component as it's label
- ZK-1145: Notification diappears when displayed in onCreate event of modal Window
- ZK-1175: Calendar support show week number
- ZK-1180: listbox support column selection
- ZK-1239: Grid, Listbox, Tree can support to scroll the content by finger on tablet/mobile device
- ZK-1240: Input element support HTML5 type, like tel, number, email, and so on
- ZK-1241: ZK Client Widget support swipe event for tablet/mobile device
- ZK-1242: Datebox support scrolling picker like ios's date picker for tablet/mobile device
- ZK-1243: Combobox support scrolling picker like ios's select picker
- ZK-1244: Tabbox support touch's swipe event to switch tab selection
- ZK-1245: Borderlayout support touch's swipe event to close/open the layout region
- ZK-1246: Calendar support touch's swipe event to switch the date view
- ZK-1247: Add a new theme for tablet/mobile device with big icons
- ZK-1255: InputElement support html5 placeholder
- ZK-1269: Need layout that allow user change view like change card.
- ZK-1272: Scrollview component for tablet device
- ZK-1273: Add a way to listen onOrientationChange for tablet device
- ZK-1277: Group and listgroup components should be set as the same height as row and listitem components
- ZK-1280: Add attribute to decide whether to scroll grid/listbox/tree component or not in tablet
- ZK-1283: Grid/List/Tree support changing page by swipe event on tablet device
- ZK-1301: The buttons in the Messagebox shall use autodisable?
- Bugs fixed
- ZK-1149: In Version 6.0.1, the onSelect callback no longer being called when accessing a zul page from Safari on an Ipad.
- ZK-1200: wrongValue 'undefined' is not an object (in IPAD)
- ZK-1208: Clients.scrollIntoView don't work in Chrome browser
- ZK-1227: NumberInputElement.formatNumber() should use dt.applyLocalizedPattern() instead of dt.applyPattern()
- ZK-1237: NullPointerException at org.zkoss.web.servlet.Servlets.getVersion(Servlets.java:460)
- ZK-1256: Combobox onSelect not working properly
- ZK-1276: Combobox does not sync the selected item
- ZK-1285: Modal window position issue with virtual keyboard on ipad
- ZK-1305: Scroll on Ipad if Element is draggable
- ZK-1313: combobox dropdown changes document scroll height on iPad
- ZK-1314: input component focus in modal window causes virtual keyboard to show up and down on iPad
- ZK-1315: grid column doesn't reappear if columns menupopup set to auto and grid is sizedByContent
- ZK-1322: Issue on timebox with null value
- 8.0.0 on Oct 06, 2015
- 18.104.22.168 on Aug 19, 2015
- 7.0.6 on Aug 11, 2015
- 22.214.171.124 on Jul 30, 2015
- 6.5.8 on Jun 23, 2015
- 8.0.0 RC on May 26, 2015
- 126.96.36.199 on Apr 29, 2015
- 188.8.131.52 on Apr 28, 2015
- 7.0.5 on Mar 24, 2015
- 7.0.4 on Dec 10, 2014
- 184.108.40.206 on Nov 05, 2014
- 220.127.116.11 on Nov 05, 2014
- 18.104.22.168 on Oct 15, 2014
- 7.0.3 on Sep 02, 2014
- 6.5.7 on Aug 12, 2014
- 7.0.2 on May 27, 2014
- 6.5.6 on May 06, 2014
- 7.0.1 on Feb 25, 2014
- 6.5.5 on Dec 30, 2013
- 7.0.0 on Nov 26, 2013
- 6.5.4 on Oct 28, 2013
- 7.0.0-RC on Oct 22, 2013
- 6.5.3 on Sep 17, 2013
- 7.0.0 Preview on Aug 13, 2013
- 6.5.2 on March 26, 2013
- 22.214.171.124 on December 13, 2012
- 6.5.1 on December 05, 2012
- 6.5.0 on September 12, 2012
- 126.96.36.199 on Nov 07, 2012
- 6.0.3 on Oct 30 24, 2012
- 6.0.2 on July 24, 2012
- 6.0.1 on May 02, 2012
- 5.0.12 on Nov 06, 2012
- 5.0.11 on Mar 27, 2012
- 5.0.10 on Jan 03, 2012
- 6.0.0 on Feb 14, 2012
- 6.0.0 RC2 on Dec 06, 2011
- 6.0.0 RC on Nov 15, 2011
- 5.0.9 on Oct 18, 2011
- 5.0.8 on Aug 31, 2011
- 5.0.7 on May 11, 2011
- 5.0.6 on February 24, 2011
- 5.0.5 on November 2, 2010
- 5.0.4 on August 31, 2010
- 5.0.3 on June 29, 2010
- 5.0.2 on May 12, 2010
- 5.0.1 on March 16, 2010
- 3.6.4 on March 16, 2010
- 5.0.0 on January 26, 2010
- 5.0.0 RC2 on December 8, 2009
- 3.6.3 on November 3, 2009
- 5.0.0 RC on September 28, 2009
- 3.6.2 on June 23, 2009
- 3.6.1 on April 28, 2009
- 3.0.9 on March 16, 2009
- 3.6.0 on March 2, 2009
- 3.5.2 on December 8, 2008
- 3.5.1 on October 8, 2008
- 3.0.8 on October 8, 2008
- 3.5.0 on September 10, 2008
- 3.0.7 on August 1, 2008
- 3.0.6 on June 24, 2008
- 2.4.3 on June 23, 2008
- 3.0.5 on April 30, 2008
- 3.0.4 on March 25, 2008
- 3.0.3 on February 01, 2008
- 3.0.2 on January 22, 2008
- 2.4.2 on December 19, 2007
- 3.0.1 on December 17, 2007
- 3.0.0 on November 6, 2007
- 2.4.1 on July 6, 2007
- 2.4.0 on June 8, 2007
- 2.3.1 on May 2, 2007
- 2.3.0 on March 20, 2007
- 2.2.1 on January 2, 2007
- 2.2.0 on December 13, 2006
- 2.1.3 on October 24, 2006
- 2.1.2 on October 3, 2006
- 2.1.1 on September 19, 2006
- 2.1.0 on August 28, 2006
- 2.0.1 on June 26, 2006
- 2.0.0 on June 13, 2006
- 1.1.0 on March 20, 2006
- 1.0.0 on February 27, 2006