Since it was first released in late ’05, ZK® has garnered 1,500,000 downloads and a user base from all
over the world. With an easy to implement markup language and high profile integration into other systems, ZK®
is deployed in many fields including Student Record Systems, Blood Flow Analysis systems and Mission Critical
These case studies describe how ZK® can help your company and organization! After reading these articles
you will understand why the respective companies chose ZK® as the best RIA solution and how they used ZK®
to improve performance and productivity.
If you would like to share more information on your projects, please mail us.
|| ZK helps University of Oxford tackles the challenge
of large amounts of data within the system with a satisfying performance
MSDLT, University of Oxford is responsible for the development of e-learning, research and admin systems in
University of Oxford.
- ZK + Excel-based Administration System
- None of other systems in the marketwere able to provide these features.
- With ZK, we are able to develop web-base rich client system without any investment on training and staff
|| SEB Estonia utilises ZK for developing their teller front application modernising existing teller front to help serve customers more efficiently
SEB is the second largest commercial bank in Estonia, offering a complete range of services for private individuals, companies and institutions.
- one of the strongest sides of ZK is its efficiency in using server-side resources and fine granulated communication between the browser and server.
- Server-centric architecture allows fast development.
|| Easit overcame the shortcomings of the web interface
and sped up the application with Spring and Hibernate
Easit develops software for people and organizations who deliver support and customer service.
- For us ZK was felt like the correct choice and after over one year of developing, we know we made the
- GWT was really nice but none of the developers liked it as much as ZK.
|| A Developer’s Diary by Ron Grimes - Part 1
A Developer’s Diary by Ron Grimes - Part 2
Sinclair is a software company supporting multi-industry enterprises with IT responsibilities to an oil & gas company, hotels, ski resorts and a large cattle ranching operation
- Doing as much with as little as possible is our de facto motto. And, ZK has become a critical centrepiece of that strategy”
|| Softeco Utilizes ZK to develop the GLIMS project - a genomic laboratory information management system
Softeco Sismat, formed in 1979, is one of the leading companies in the Information and Communications Technology market of Italy.
- Challenging tasks coupled with fuzzy requirements often characterize ICT research – the flexibility of ZK is a great plus when you have to adapt your web application to moving targets yet aiming at outstanding technical results.”
|| Thinking Nerworks leverages ZK to build TN Plannning, a suite for intricate and challenging planning tasks with rich configuration options & extensibility to
adapt to the most specialized needs & requirements in areas of planning, simulation, cost allocation, and legal consolidation.
Thinking Networks AG is among the leading companies operating in the German software market.
- ZK gives us the option to seamlessly integrate parts written in dynamic languages in order to retain TN Planning’s extensibility through user defined macros
|| ZK is leveraged to provide UI for Syslink Xandria, a smart and
reliable System Management application focused on Enterprise-grade SAP Solutions and large-scale Database Environments..
Syslink is an independent SAP® Service Provider as well as a software developing firm emerged from Pricewaterhouse Coopers’ outsourcing
business in Switzerland.
- ZK seamlessly replaced a heavy JSP+Servlet+custom JS framework giving the possibility to developers to concentrate more on models and processes rather than on obtaining a specific functional behaviour – in this sense, a quick tour in the ZK demo page resulted often truly inspiring!
|| Effective Intelligence leveraged the power of ZK to deliver
Basil - bringing large scale standardization to companies & facilitate better project management processes, reporting, resource management
& client invoicing.
EI offers a broad range of consumer information management services including solutions for targeted prospecting, intelligent enhancement
of customer contact data as well as the technology for managing it and online verification services.
- ZK + Java EE + Glassfish + Hibernate
- ZK gives the developer freedom to extend and thereby create custom company widgets without losing any of the power of ZK
|| Sciformation leveraged the power of ZK to deliver an outstanding ELN system.
Sciformation Consulting develops software for science, especially for chemistry and related fields. Their web-based programs allow researchers to
be more productive, and to take long-term advantage of the results.
- I am still convinced that using ZK was
the best option we could choose. A substantial part of our success was only possible as
we could take benefit of ZK's great functionality, user-experience and documentation, while
relying on ZK's excellent stability and compatiblity.
||Nand Karl leverages ZK to build SAyGes, a system used to automate administrative
processes with the facilities that propose the development of desktop applications.
Nand Karl IT provides technology solutions that streamline and transparent administrative procedures, developing and implementing high quality
software based on open source technology of lastest generation.
- ZK + Spring + BONITA +MySQL
- easy to development,seamless integration with Java, efficient MVC model view controller, complete
documentation & shallow learning curve.
|| STE Energy leveraged the power of ZK to deliver a desktop-llike application
with less work than developing a real desktop application
STE Energy develops, designs, builds and manages energy production plants especially in hydropower, electrical and thermo-technical systems.
- ZK + Spring + Hibernate +MySQL
- Simplicity, component quality, community
|| Tegsoft leverages ZK to develop its own open-source framework Tobe and uses ZK powered Tobe
to create a product line of CRM and other management software.
Tegsoft develops professional software applications without losing amateur soul for providing services and products with best performance to customers.
- “ZK, thanks for being you.
|| Holland developer Abdullahi Egal works with HIRDA and leverages ZK Java Web Framework to create an education administration management system
to promote unity of educational organizations, give transparency to school activities, and provide educational opportunities for school children in Africa.
- ZK + Spring + Hibernate +MySQL
- ZK boosted my productivity, and made it possible to create a full school management system within a short period of time
|| Taiwan Futures Exchange (TaiFEX) makes major
productivity gains with ZK
Taiwan Futures Exchange (TaiFEX), top 18 futures exchange in the world, launched WTMS in 2008 to monitor 40,000
transactions per second.
- Developed a Web Transaction Monitoring System using ZK
- Without ZK, it’ll be very difficult for us to develop such a dynamic Web application!
|| ZK utilised for Cloud Based Medical Solution
integrating Spring and Hibernate, increasing diabetes patients' QOL and health care.
Institute for Information Industry, the largest information and communicaton technology development organisation in
- ZK is currently the most intact Ajax web application framework available in the industry, providing high
level integratioin and support.
- ZK effectively redues development time by 1/2.
|| Pennant Technoligies is leveraging ZK framework for all future applications
With its head office & global development centre in India, Pennant Technologies fortes in enterprise application integration, custom application development & consulting services.
- Leveraging on ZK framework and using it as a base for all future applications marks a new beginning for Pennant.
- ZK brings the unparalleled benefit of developer-centric approach to all projects of Pennant.
|| ZK based web application forms the heart of RWorks'
RWorks is an Irish company producing software solutions for the management of dispersed teams.
- Cloud Based Workforce Management System
- we needed to be productive fast ... only ZK provided that level of business agility.
- The values in ZK which we recognized the most are good documentation, very easy to start with - the fact
that you can have a moveable window in a web page in a few lines is incredible.
|| doubleSlash fulfills the requirements of their
customers with ZK's flexibility in customizing and ability to fast prototype
doubleSlash offers a wide range of IT-services including consulting, conceptual design, IT-architecture,
programming, support and service.
- Web based tool for secure file transfer and marketing planner
- New forms can be created in just a few minutes and easily be connected to entities using data binding, ZK
was just the best choice!
- They were easy to implement and, more importantly, to customize... With ZK, it was all possible!
|| ZK evidently reduced development time for DIMOCO’s
DIMOCO is an international mobile messaging & payment provider in the business-to-business sector.
- The simplicity to add UI components programmatically and the handsomeness of the components as a whole
convinced the evaluation team.
- ZK evidently reduced development time for DIMOCO’s Administration GUIs. Comparing to their existing STRUTS
framework, the time factor is obvious...
|| Our project was completed with success and ZK helped to speed up development cycle
PMQ is an IT company located in Czech Republic specialising in educational softwares and apps for web and mobiles, and has been working with ZK since 2011.
- ZK Spring + MySQL + JPA Hibernate + Tomcat
- Another candidate was GWT, but it did not have as many controls as it is included in ZK
|| ZK effectively reduces development time and effort for
BrightSide Workbench and achieving limitless designs with non-intrusive components
BrightSide Workbench is part of Turro.Org foundation offering users from application framework, contacts,
Attachments, Dossiers, Publications, Acceptances and eventually to an ERP system.
- ZK + Hibernate + Apache Commons + Elephant Libraries
- I was fully convinced after some lines of code: I had the right choice for desktop-like web applications.
|| River Software Technologies created a
riverPortals solution to achieve better web portal deployments for small to medium entrepreneurs
River Software Technologies creates softwares for any type of industry with special focus on Telecommunications and
Government in LATAM, Spain & Europe.
- When I came across ZK I thought I’ve found the ‘Holy Grail’, because it has all the benefits of powerful
end user features, plus the power of solid Java server side logic.
- Whatever it takes 50 lines in GWT and several files, it only takes a few lines of code and two files to do
the same with ZK.
|| PrimeScale improved IT operational efficiency
PrimeScale AG is a German consulting company experienced in business reorganization & service-orientation
- ZK + JasperReports + Quartz Enterprise Scheduler
- After we decided to use ZK and a half year of migration, we speeded up our development 4 times faster than
before and this is real!
- ZK is very well designed and an active product. This framework is what we expected from Sun, but they
missed the train.
||Omnisys maximizes development resources with ZK +
Omnisys is a free, agent-less systems monitoring and management platform, utilizing most major protocols and
platforms to provide a completely customized monitoring solution.
- None of this would have been possible, or look nearly as good without the ZK framework. This is a shining
example of what an open-source project should be.
- I can be confident that my application will always look fantastic and work seamlessly, when the only
effort required on my end is updating a few libraries.
|| MedVoxel saved not only their release cycle but
decreased the maintenance time and cost with the aid of ZK Ajax technology
MedVoxel develops leading applications for medical imaging.
- Developed an automatic medical imaging Web app
- Due to the server-centric approach, programmers don’t even think of the “Web”.
|| Spidex and their customers are extremely impressed
with the ability to rapidly develop prototypes
Spidex Software Limited is UK and Irish distributor of the Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) System, Mainsaver.
- ZK + Spring (with Acegi) + iBatis
- ZK provides a means of supplying a rich user interface with minimum complexity.
- The ability to use ZUL to prototype a screen with user feedback is extremely useful! The prototype can
then be developed into the actual interface, reducing initial development time!
|| web4thejob is a component-based event-driven full-stack web development framework,
capable of producing elegant desktop-style web applications that can automate any business domain based on ZK
Web4thejob is a technology company that offers software vendors and developers a reliable and affordable strategy
to port their applications to the web using FOSS and Cloud Computing technologies.
- ZK has helped me master web application development much faster than I expected
- ZK has been the missing piece for developing the web layer of a full-stack web development framework like web4thejob
|| ZK made it possible to achieve the desired result
with a very short development period and very high satisfaction
Ideaaa provides Web applications and services to Custom Brokers of Mexico City International Airport, Latin
America's largest and busiest airport.
- In the test, we developed an User Interface with validations in few minutes, while in traditional JSP with
with other frameworks!
||Marque Já! meets the needs of larger clients with
the architecture of ZK + SPRING + HIBERNATE
Marque Já! offers another channel for users wanting to schedule their appointments online.
- Initially the idea was to migrate to Struts GWT, but when I experienced the ease of ZK, I had no more
doubts. Luckily I took the right decision.
- This high productivity, combination of ZK + AndroMDA, impressed us very much !
|| Mecatena meets growing customer demand with ZK
Mecatena is dedicated to full office solutions, specializes in open source based systems integration and J2EE
- ZK + Spring + Hibernate, ZK + Liferay + Alfresco
- From continuing tests and works, we keep getting back to the same final truth: NO technology delivers yet
as well and as easy Ajax as ZK does.
- What ZK keeps offering to our customers is the fastest way of getting interfaces that fits their look and
needs, with Ajax powered, and with a very small and smooth knowledge curve!
|| DBL has effectively reduced development time with ZKs’
extensibility and ability to rapidly prototype
DBL offers customized Apache OFBiz installations for enterprises. They started using ZK for all new web-development
in early 2007, and these systems are now in use by clients in various private sector firms.
- All of our developers who have changed to ZK have enjoyed it and none want to go back.