you can pop a confirm dialog with jq.confirm(msg);
Ready for Publish
- User:Hawk/Widget Event
- User:Hawk/Create Data Binding Programmatically
- User:Hawk/Tutorial Extension-UnitTest
- Small Talks/2012/January/Ajax GSP with ZK
- Small Talks/2012/January/Enrich Grails Server Pages (GSPs) with ZK
- ZK Developer's Reference/MVVM (whole chapter)
- Small Talks/2012/April/The Dawn of ZK Application Test Suite:Mimic Library
- Small Talks/2012/April/Shining ZATS Mimic
- ZATS Essentials
- ZK Getting Started/Learn ZK in 10 Minutes
- ZK Getting Started/Get ZK Up and Running with MVC
- ZK Getting Started/Get ZK Up and Running with MVVM
- Small Talks/2012/October/Binding with Collection and Selection
- ZK Developer's Reference/Integration/Middleware Layer/Spring
- ZK Developer's Reference/Integration/Middleware Layer/CDI
- ZK Developer's Reference/Integration/Persistence Layer/Hibernate
- ZK Developer's Reference/Integration/Persistence Layer/JPA
- ZK Developer's Reference/Integration/Security/Spring Security
- ZK Essentials
- Small_Talks/2013/June/ZK Binding Tracker - A Chrome Extension
- ZK_Spreadsheet_Essentials (since 3.0.0)
My Practice of Writing Documents
- list assumptions for readers. To know which knowledge base which you build on and to decide which content the document should have.
- write outline first.
- to be reviewed and discuss in bird's eye view
- check order of topic should have logical dependency
- Pre-write quickly first.
- need a technical proofreader to check technical concept
- need an editor to check grammar and style.
- Arrange topics with logic dependent orders, but leave some clues for those readers who skim a document
- Bold text
- Code highlight
- Topic sentence first, then supporting sentences
- Describe the purpose or context at the beginning.
- To start from a basic, simple concept or fewer concepts.
- 1 paragraph presents 1 idea.
- overall concept first, an example, then technical detail
- keep consistent style in code or describing way in multiple related articles
- keep consistent wording or terminology.
- Summary at the end. (for small talk)
- Choose Active, Precise Verbs
- Check header, footer, TOC, subsections, references
- Picture is better than words.
- Picture should be elegant.
- Picture should present just exactly enough information.
- Set align to center.
- Shrink size if a picture's width is wider than page width.
- Code example:
- Re-using same application as an example. It can reduce user's burden to realize your article.
- Focus on a general case not a specific one.
- Keep as short as possible. Just extract the key part
- Demonstrate only key concepts and remove irrelevant codes.
- Demonstrate the correct API usage instead of work-around
- Keep number of codes as fewer as possible to reduce readers' burden.
- Highlight key points in descriptions of code example. (Because most engineers read code first instead of text)
- give short description for a code snippet for its purpose
- leave related variables declaration
- Line number first, then description because it's easier to look up descriptions upon lines, e.g. Line 13: this line's description
- In Wiki page style, words before TOC is like preface. The "overview" should belong to one part of content and should be made as a header.
- When using third party library, specify its version
- Store example codes in a version control repository. They can be changed or verified in the future.
- use an editor with a spell checker
- Write directly on wiki page instead of writing in a word processor.
- The Elements of Style, William Strunk, Jr ., 1918
- Purdue University Online Writing Lab
- search "grammar girl" for grammar tips
- no offline editor
- no version control
- verbose syntax
- pdf edition cuts code
ZK Documentation Format
- No version history table for a page having subsections links. (e.g. ZK_Developer's_Reference/Event_Handling)
- Listbox, ZK container's default size, ID generator, Debug Client Error
- guide customers how to give us required data for debugging.
- User:Hawk/Selector Syntax
- User:Hawk/Session Timeout Configuration
- User:Hawk/Detach a Component under MVVM