ZK 2.0.1 Release NoteHome
Released on June 26, 2006. [History]
65 XUL and 82 HTML off-the-shelf components.
- Tabbox, grid, listbox, tree, menu, combobox, bandbox, datebox, hbox, vbox, window, slider, audio, image, timer, include, iframe...
- Drag-and-drop supported by all components, such that users can drag components and drop them to any other or particular set of components.
- Context menus and customizable tooltips supported by all components, such that a menu or any popup appears when user click, right-click or move the mouse over a component.
Customizable sorting of listbox, grid and children of any component
with 100% Java codes (
- Auto-completion for combobox.
- Live data for listbox.
- All components are cloneable.
Validation and formatting for any input components, such as regular
- 100% Java API of FCKeditor and Dojo components.
Event-driven, server-centric model
More than 20 events are supported:
- All event listeners are handled in Java, either by compiled byte-codes or by BeanShell, up to application developers.
- All events are synchronized. No racing condition to worry about.
- More than 20 events are supported:
ZK User-interface Markup Language (ZUML).
- Rich user interface could be designed in ZUML as simple as authoring HTML pages.
- Powerful yet intuitive control flow by the
- Scripting in Java (by BeanShell) and EL expressions.
- Hot changes and updates without restarting your Web applications.
Browser history management.
- Add states to browser's back button history. Then, users can bookmark and use the back and forward button to navigate different states of the same ZK desktop.
Simple yet boundless component model.
- Macro components. Developing a full-feature new component by using another ZUML pages.
- Inheritable customization. Developing a new component by extending existent components.
- Seamlessly and easily to encapsulate pure-client components as ZK components with 100% Java API.
- Customizing components with pre-compiled Java or by scripting in Java. The choice is yours.
Simple yet flexible threading model.
- Thread-safe component handling.
- True server-side Modal dialog.
- Suspend and resume event listeners freely.
100% Customizable User-Interface factory.
- Loading ZUML pages not only from Web contents but also any repository such as database.
- Customizing the features of sessions, desktops and pages.
- New Features:
1505319, 1505760, 1505410, 1505883, 1509204, 1509878, 1508629.
- Components are cloneable.
- Components can be detached from one desktop in an event listener, and then attached to another desktop in another event listener.
- Bug fixes:
1505769, 1505833, 1506652, 1506712, 1506712, 1509898, 1510317, 1510279, 1510374, 1507142, 1510856, 1510218.
The namespace of XUL component set is renamed to
Page.getDefinitionis removed, so it can be serialized.
Page.recreateis removed, since we don't store PageDefinition in page any more.
Component.getDefintionis removed, so it can be serialized.
Component.getDesktopreturns null until it is added to a desktop. In other words, it is null in the contructor. It also implies you cannot set the attribute to the desktop scope in the contructor.