ZK 6.5.5 release notes
PE/EE Released on December 30, 2013
ZK 6.5.5 is a maintenance release for bug fixes and several new features including the support for IE 11, support for select all/unselect all for listbox component and more.
ZK 6.5 series focuses on taking developers to achieve real device transparency in one codebase and component set, exploring the area of combined desktop & tablet UI and touch experiences.
Introducing responsive design and responsive components to always fit your device screen resolution and tablet-specific user interaction methods such as swiping and device orientation detection which are done automatically to save developers time, effort and to increase massive productivity.
Behind the scenes
- To read about the philosophy behind ZK 6.5, please visit this blog
120+ off-the-shelf Ajax components
Tabbox, grid, listbox, tree, menu, combobox, bandbox, datebox, chart,
hbox, vbox, window, slider, paging, audio, image, timer, include, iframe...
Drag-and-drop supported by all components, such that users can drag
components and drop them to any other or particular set of components.
Context menus and customizable tooltips supported by all components,
such that a menu or any popup appears when user click, right-click or
move the mouse over a component.
Customizable sorting of listbox, grid and children of any component
with 100% Java codes (
Auto-completion for combobox.
Load on demand with writing Java codes.
Live data for listbox.
Grids, listboxes and trees with sizable columns.
All components are cloneable and serializable.
Validation and formatting for any input components, such as regular
100% Java API of Google Maps,
and Timeline components.
Event-driven, server-centric model
Ajax requests, application notification, and server push are all managed as events
Event Queue shields developers from the complexity of Ajax and server push, such as multi-thread programming
All events are processed at the server. No hurdle to communicate between clients
All events are synchronized. No racing condition to worry about.
ZK User-interface Markup Language (ZUML).
Rich user interface could be designed in ZUML as simple as authoring
- Powerful yet intuitive control flow by the
Scripting in EL expressions and your favorite scripting languages,
include but not limited to Java,
Ruby and Groovy.
Hot changes and updates without restarting your Web applications.
Annotations that allow a page to access database with zero Java codes.
Browser history management.
Add states to browser's back button history. Then, users can bookmark
and use the back and forward button to navigate different
states of the same ZK desktop.
Simple yet boundless component model.
POJO components supporting interfaces and clustering. Easy to instantiate and manipulate directly with pure Java,
or injected and managed by an AOP framework, such as Spring
Macro components. Develope full-featured new component
by using other ZUML pages.
Inheritable customization. Developing a new component by extending
Seamlessly and easily to encapsulate pure-client components as ZK
components with 100% Java API.
Customizing components with pre-compiled Java classes, or by scripting in
your favorite scripting languages,
include but not limited to Java,
Ruby and Groovy.
The choice is yours.
Simple yet flexible threading model.
Thread-safe component handling.
True server-side Modal dialog.
Suspend and resume event listeners freely.
100% Customizable User-Interface factory.
Loading ZUML pages not only from Web contents but also any repository
such as database.
Customizing the features of sessions, desktops and pages.
- New Features
- ZK-1971: ZK wcs file shall exclude the css with zk logo image
- ZK-1973: Server processing effect can be configurable
- ZK-2012: zk.ie supports ie11
- ZK-2014: Listbox component support selectAll/unSelectAll event when check/uncheck on select all checkbox
- ZK-2061: Security Issue: Version number inserted on each page
- Bugs fixed
- ZK-1552: Combobox and Datebox scroll position in Borderlayout
- ZK-1834: Listbox scroll bug
- ZK-1852: Processing indicator briefly displayed in non-localized text
- ZK-1878: IE Compatibility View issue when using Meta tag with IE=edge
- ZK-1880: The images of the menu are cut in zksandbox window case
- ZK-1892: Error when calling setCoords() in Area widget
- ZK-1924: Clients.scrollIntoView(Component comp) could also adjust horizontal scroll position
- ZK-1944: AUTO scale does not work if the value of decimalebox is bind form VM
- ZK-1946: The select mold listbox with multiple attribute in a draggable listitem will be disabled (Chrome, IE10)
- ZK-1947: Can not download files if <max-desktops-per-session> is set to 1 in zk.xml
- ZK-1948: IE8 Menupopup Shadow causes horizontal scrollbar
- ZK-1949: Clear the input value in a spinner with binding integer value will cause UiException
- ZK-1951: Page becomes blank after detaching a modal window having an iframe loaded with PDF in IE 10
- ZK-1954: Vertical scroll appear when remove last listitem from Listbox
- ZK-1955: Impossible to use onblur or onfocus on composite component
- ZK-1960: save binding to an array throws ClassCastException
- ZK-1964: Datebox with time cannot be selected when use tablet's device
- ZK-1965: zksandbox service.zul throw method getNamespace() not found exception
- ZK-1969: listbox rod with paging mold causes incorrect keyboard navigation
- ZK-1979: Server push doesn't work when open 2 browser tab
- ZK-1985: strict client site date parsing allows certain characters
- ZK-1990: Can't get expected Locale in Bridge
- ZK-1997: Portallayout drag&drop element to the same position. onPortalMove event provided with wrong data
- ZK-1998: Listbox using GroupsModel sometimes would not update the select all status.
- ZK-2001: Focus to a chosenbox that place in a listbox shall not change listbox selection
- ZK-2004: The selected Objects of the Chosenbox is incorrect after replace model
- ZK-2015: Change the visible of cell component sometimes will fail (IE10 only)
- ZK-2019: Chosenbox work incorrectly when using ListSubModel and Comparator
- ZK-2021: Combobox autocomplete performance degrading quadratically with increasing number of comboitems
- ZK-2022: appending a component after its removal fails to initialize bindings
- ZK-2025: Extends ZK component with lang-addon.xml file, zkbind feature doesn't work
- ZK-2028: When deleted one selected item in chosenbox with ListSubModel, it would remove all the selection
- ZK-2035: Invalidate a Panel component with a button will cause a js error
- ZK-2042: Button's autodisable="self" will cause to stop the form request processing
- ZK-2044: Upload button does not always display the file selection dialog on IE11
- ZK-2045: Page becomes blank after detaching a modal window having an iframe loaded with PDF in IE 11
- ZK-2046: Scroll position is reset to top if resize column of a grid with rod
- ZK-2047: IE Datebox calendar overlapping pdf problem
- ZK-2051: Chrome rmDesktop not working reliably, causing a memory leak in Session
- ZK-2055: the page stop running when listitem or row bind with object