ZK 2.1.0 Release NoteHome
Released on August 28, 2006. [History]
69 XUL and 82 HTML off-the-shelf components.
- Tabbox, grid, listbox, tree, menu, combobox, bandbox, datebox, chart, hbox, vbox, window, slider, paging, audio, image, timer, include, iframe...
- Drag-and-drop supported by all components, such that users can drag components and drop them to any other or particular set of components.
- Context menus and customizable tooltips supported by all components, such that a menu or any popup appears when user click, right-click or move the mouse over a component.
Customizable sorting of listbox, grid and children of any component
with 100% Java codes (
- Auto-completion for combobox.
- Live data for listbox.
- All components are cloneable and serializable.
Validation and formatting for any input components, such as regular
- 100% Java API of FCKeditor and Dojo components.
Event-driven, server-centric model
More than 20 events are supported:
- All event listeners are handled in Java, either by compiled byte-codes or by BeanShell, up to application developers.
- All events are synchronized. No racing condition to worry about.
- More than 20 events are supported:
ZK User-interface Markup Language (ZUML).
- Rich user interface could be designed in ZUML as simple as authoring HTML pages.
- Powerful yet intuitive control flow by the
- Scripting in Java (by BeanShell) and EL expressions.
- Hot changes and updates without restarting your Web applications.
Browser history management.
- Add states to browser's back button history. Then, users can bookmark and use the back and forward button to navigate different states of the same ZK desktop.
Simple yet boundless component model.
- Macro components. Developing a full-feature new component by using another ZUML pages.
- Inheritable customization. Developing a new component by extending existent components.
- Seamlessly and easily to encapsulate pure-client components as ZK components with 100% Java API.
- Customizing components with pre-compiled Java or by scripting in Java. The choice is yours.
Simple yet flexible threading model.
- Thread-safe component handling.
- True server-side Modal dialog.
- Suspend and resume event listeners freely.
100% Customizable User-Interface factory.
- Loading ZUML pages not only from Web contents but also any repository such as database.
- Customizing the features of sessions, desktops and pages.
- New Features:
1513892, 1475475, 1517902, 1517384, 1518636, 1521070, 1521058, 1522329, 1522677, 1507204, 1523732, 1518548, 1525722, 1526249, 1520170, 1526869, 1527198, 1526335, 1529424, 1529754, 1525221, 1530200, 1530202, 1487286, 1526355, 1534285, 1537838, 1537962, 1538400, 1538407, 1480527, 1539887, 1540100, 1532548, 1460368, 1545169, 1537234, 1545998, 1545163.
- The chart component is added.
- It supports pie, pie3d, ring, bar, bar3d, stacked_bar, stacked_bar3d, line, line3d, area, stacked_area, waterfall, histogram, polar, scatter, time_series, step_chart, step, xy area, xy stacked_area, xy bar, xy line, candlestick, highlow
- The progressmeter component is added.
- The paging component is added.
stylecomponent is added to simplify the specification of CSS styles.
importdirective is added to import component definitions from other pages.
- German messages are supported. Thank H.-Dirk Schmitt for his contribution.
- Spain messages are supported. Thank Daniel Octavio Ruiz Rodriguez for his contribution.
- Italic messages are supported. Thank Matteo Barbieri for his contribution.
- Both grid and listbox support the paging mold.
- Customizable error pages.
- LocaleProvider and TimeZoneProvider to provide differernt locale and time zone for different users.
calendarcomponents support the timeZone property.
- The onClientInfo event is added to report the client' information to the server, such as time zone and screen resolutions.
- Components, pages, desktops and sessions are serializable.
- User can keep use the same desktop even if the Web server is restarted.
- The Web server could migrate a session from one machine to another.
- Whether a session is serializable is cofigurable.
- The chart component is added.
- Bug fixes:
1513895, 1514932, 1515175, 1515311, 1514789, 1493440, 1517037, 1436397, 1505786, 1518540, 1453157, 1510701, 1520737, 1510539, 1521847, 1522843, 1521311, 1522339, 1521868, 1523751, 1523875, 1525710, 1525712, 1527527, 1527535, 1527895, 1526542, 1528592, 1529735, 1533736, 1533840, 1533989, 1533480, 1537672, 1534426, 1535787, 1537884, 1538506, 1538250, 1541132, 1540491, 1540491, 1541143, 1543872, 1543934, 1544067, 1546019, 1542571, 1542511, 1544023, 1531557, 1545183, 1533421, 1548060.
xml-stylesheetdirective is obsolete. Use the
lang-addon.xmlin JAR must specify <version>.
getClientNamemethod of the
com.potix.zk.ui.Sessioninterface is renamed to