ZK 3.6.4 release notes
Released on March 16, 2010.
ZK 3.6.4 is a maintenance release of our ZK 3.6 series which features 40 bug fixes and 3 new features.
Getting Simpler and Richer
New Feature Highlight
- Renderer and Model in Listbox/Grid shall be transient
- Replace bookmark command and bookmark encoding
- Include component shall have clearDynamicProperties method
120+ off-the-shelf Ajax components
Tabbox, grid, listbox, tree, menu, combobox, bandbox, datebox, chart,
hbox, vbox, window, slider, paging, audio, image, timer, include, iframe...
Drag-and-drop supported by all components, such that users can drag
components and drop them to any other or particular set of components.
Context menus and customizable tooltips supported by all components,
such that a menu or any popup appears when user click, right-click or
move the mouse over a component.
Customizable sorting of listbox, grid and children of any component
with 100% Java codes (
Auto-completion for combobox.
Load on demand with writing Java codes.
Live data for listbox.
Grids, listboxes and trees with sizable columns.
All components are cloneable and serializable.
Validation and formatting for any input components, such as regular
100% Java API of Google Maps,
and Timeline components.
Event-driven, server-centric model
Ajax requests, application notification, and server push are all managed as events
Event Queue shields developers from the complexity of Ajax and server push, such as multi-thread programming
All events are processed at the server. No hurdle to communicate between clients
All events are synchronized. No racing condition to worry about.
ZK User-interface Markup Language (ZUML).
Rich user interface could be designed in ZUML as simple as authoring
- Powerful yet intuitive control flow by the
Scripting in EL expressions and your favorite scripting languages,
include but not limited to Java,
Ruby and Groovy.
Hot changes and updates without restarting your Web applications.
Annotations that allow a page to acess database with zero Java codes.
Browser history management.
Add states to browser's back button history. Then, users can bookmark
and use the back and forward button to navigate different
states of the same ZK desktop.
Simple yet boundless component model.
POJO components supporting interfaces and clustering. Easy to instantiate and manipulate directly with pure Java,
or injected and managed by an AOP framework, such as Spring
Macro components. Develope full-featured new component
by using other ZUML pages.
Inheritable customization. Developing a new component by extending
Seamlessly and easily to encapsulate pure-client components as ZK
components with 100% Java API.
Customizing components with pre-compiled Java classes, or by scripting in
your favorite scripting languages,
include but not limited to Java,
Ruby and Groovy.
The choice is yours.
Simple yet flexible threading model.
Thread-safe component handling.
True server-side Modal dialog.
Suspend and resume event listeners freely.
100% Customizable User-Interface factory.
Loading ZUML pages not only from Web contents but also any repository
such as database.
Customizing the features of sessions, desktops and pages.
- New Features Tracker:
- 2902880:Renderer and Model in Listbox/Grid shall be transient
- 2927147:Replace bookmark command and bookmark encoding
- 2954280:Include component shall have clearDynamicProperties method
- Bugs fixed:
- 2895706:Encoding of italian message is wrong
- 2895193:Vertical separator not center aligned in IE
- 2902877:Include's invalidate doesn't reload the page in instant mode
- 2902291:zkdemo cannot run in cluster
- 2900977:this.element.clientWidth is null in Slider in Grid
- 2896474:small browser window cuts vertical scrollbar off
- 2902981:GenericAutowireComposer can't deserialize correctly
- 2904793:onChanging stop to fire after onOK
- 2904688:SimpleTreeNode is not serializable
- 2904376:window in a pop window cannot be resized correctly
- 2905901:Problem with datebox format
- 2907228:Exception in server console while style has no content
- 2897202:load-when and load-after not triggered when binded to template
- 2910566:IE crashes when changing constraint on non visible spinner
- 2914010:Position of Messagebox is not at the center of scroll view
- 2919037:SetSelectedIndex(-1) shall unselect even with constraint
- 2918492:Panel disappear when close a "column" maximized portallayout
- 2910663:NullPointerException after failover when fulfill onEvent
- 2929887:zscript fails on missing src even if it is not required
- 2925964:Menupopup's shadow don't display correctly
- 2929688:constraint on hidden tab panel problem
- 2928837:Cannot remove bindable collection item from the DataBinder
- 2932559:Dateformt is not correct
- 2932475:NoSuchMethodException in DataBinder (SpaceOwner-Mixup)
- 2935398:Clients.scrollIntoView fails if the scrollbar is HTML/Body
- 2935985:Dynamically adding a long menuitem displays wrong (IE7 only)
- 2936019:Execption when Listbox insertBefore() group + groupfoot
- 2937096:composer.arg shall be statically wired
- 2939911:datebox display year incorectly(Thai locale)
- 2942242:DHtmlLayoutPortlet getTitle() hard coded
- 2947638:deferred zscript not evaluated against the right component
- 2947627:zscript deferred attribute was broken
- 2937096:composer.param shall be clone and static wired
- 2948875:The onPaging event will fire again after type new value
- 2948342:last selected item in a tree
- 2962483:Show error box has js error on IE
- 2849074:Add the autocomplete attribute in XSD for combobox component
- 2966200:Include's construct will not set the src
- 2967454:Calendar problem
- 2970460:window onMaximize not modify height